What I wanted to talk about today is what I bring with me to the library:
- Netbook (for checking library catalog, database searches, and most importantly Twitter and Facebook breaks)
- Flash Drive loaded with RootsMagic-To-Go (just finally installed this on a flash drive today and really liked how easy it was to run and take my existing database with me on the go)
- 1-inch Binder including: genealogy files (family group sheets), list of resources to check, paper for notes, map of library, library resource sheets
- Digital Camera for taking photos of books (haven't tried this on microfilm but ACPL has digital scanner that allow you to save to flash drives or email to yourself).
- Change for copies (I don't copy much but if I have something that I want to write on, I'll make a copy. Ex: cemetery listings to check off who I found already)
- Library Card to validate parking
What do you take to libraries and archives? What else will help with a research trip? Leave a comment or send me an email to genwishlist [at] gmail [dot] com.